Post Labour Day Hours
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Saturday and Sunday
ADMISSION BY DONATION
Limited access - Maximum 5 people at a time. Face coverings must been worn while in museum.
GUIDED TOURS AVAILABLE
Built in 1889, the building which now houses the museum was home to The Boyd Lumber Co., The Trent Valley Navigation Co., and the private school for the Boyd children.
The story of Mossom Boyd, a 19 year old pioneer who arrived in the 'back lakes' of Upper Canada in 1833 and became the Lumber King of the Trent Valley, as well as two generations of the Boyd family, is explained throughout the museum. Exhibits display tools and log shanties that were used to create exquisite textiles and lavish homes. The museum also features the Boyd Gallery which displays the work of local artists.